I tried to do a TOP 10 like they do in the Miami Herald, but I just couldn’t narrow my list down! The truth is, I have dined out every night for 3 ½ months … I’ve tried a lot of dishes, to say the least!!
Here goes, in no particular order (and even a few honourable mentions …):
1) El Cielo, their breads are divine. The whole experience there was seductive.
2) The Continental, tie between the Shrimp Bao and the Philly Cheesesteak Eggrolls. Both burst with flavor and texture.
3) True Loaf Bakery, this was tough because I love everything, but I am going with the cranberry and walnut sourdough bread.
4) Komodo, the pastrami eggroll.
5) StripSteak, the bread pudding.
6) Ironside Pizza, involtini, stuffed with eggplant, zucchini and mozzarella fiordilatte with truffle oil. Great for sharing if you must.
7) Proof Pizza and Pasta, raw Brussel sprout salad with apple cider, cranberries and gorgonzola, I LOVE this!
8) Fireman Derek’s Bake Shop and Cafe, okay this was a tough one because everything is SO good, but I will say the s’mores pie.
10) Marion, rotisserie chicken carved tableside. I know it is $42, but it was fabulous!
11) Japanese Market, order the Love Roll. It’s not on the menu. It is a spider roll topped with salmon that has been torched, and drizzled with truffle oil, just dreamy.
12) Kyu, may be my favourite new restaurant this year. The coconut layer cake is AMAZING! Everything else is pretty outstanding too.
15) Pinch Kitchen, roasted organic carrots with tzatziki, toasted almonds, mint and lemon zest. Also, where do you find such HUGE mussels??
16) Makoto, Kani Salad – king crab, cucumber and avocado salad with yuzu and koshu aioli, it’s wonderful.
1) Burgers and Shakes: the grilled chicken breast with cheese, avocado and bacon was our best $7.99 value for quality. The sweet potato fries were a crowd-pleasing, indulgent treat.
2) Talde Kitchen, music is unbearably loud here, but it may be worth the noise for the Kung Pao wings.
3) Crumb on Parchment, the turkey on pretzel bread is top notch.
4) True Loaf Bakery, on Sunday served a brioche roll with cheese and an egg on top. It was so good I was humming.