Miami’s newest restaurants: I haven’t tried them ALL yet, so don’t yell at me if they are no good 🙂
1) Beachcraft by chef Tom Colicchio. American cuisine. Recommended.
2) Le Zoo by Stephen Starr (of Makoto). French restaurant in the Bal Harbour Shops. Recommended.
3) Byblos, yes the Byblos from Toronto, serving Mediterranean and Middle Eastern cuisine.
4) Bazi, the chef from Maccialina, serving Asian food in the Marlon hotel, South Beach.
5) GK Bistronomie, Peruvian food.
6) Ni.Do. Miami Shores, this is the second location for the homestyle Italian restaurant.
7) Izzy’s Fish and Oyster, on Washington Avenue.
8) Marion, food from the South of France in the Brickell area.
9) Cypress Tavern, formally the Cypress Room from chef Michael Schwartz.
10) Continental, by Stephen Starr, serving an eclectic sharing menu.
11) The Grill at Bal Harbour, Houston’s upscale restaurant. Recommended.
12) BH Burger Bar, in the St. Regis Hotel Bal Harbour.
13) Talde, Pan Asian fare.
14) Pinch Kitchen, New American cuisine.
15) Firito Taco and Bocce, Mexican.
16) Brasserie Azur, French Mediterranean in Midtown.
17) Driftwood Room, strong on seafood and Mediterranean fare by a former Iron Chef.
18) Centro Taco, Florida style Mexican by the Blackbrick people.
19) Hyde Beach, in Hallandale, a 3 level multi-functioning dining room.
20) Sugar Factory, in South Beach. American comfort food.
21) Ergon Greek Deli and cuisine.
22) Golden Fig
23) NaiYaRa, Asian street food.
24) PB Station, by the Pubbelly guys.
25) Phuc Yea, Vietnamese and Pho.
26) Aperio, Mediterranean in Midtown.
27) Crust, casual Italian on the Miami River.
28) Nobu, at the Eden Roc.
29) Pao in the brand new Faena Hotel.
Tried and true: some of my favourites
1) Mandolin Aegean Bistro
2) Ironside Pizza
3) Bagatelle, French
4) Drunken Dragon, Korean
5) Blackbrick, Chinese in Midtown
6) Casa d’ Angelo, Italian in Ft. Lauderdale
7) Macchialina, Italian
8) O’Lima, Peruvian in Bay Harbour
9) Alter, New American in Wynwood
10) Yardbird, Southern cooking
11) Eating House, in Coral Gables
12) Naoe, Japanese in Brickell
13) La Mar, at the Mandarin Oriental (but only when the chef is in town)
14) Tuyo, at the culinary academy in Downtown Miami
15) Blue Collar, American comfort food
16) Ni.Do. Caffé, Italian comfort food
17) Via Verdi Cucina, Italian comfort food
18) Corsai, Scott Conant’s Italian restaurant at Turnberry
19) MC Kitchen, Italian in the Design District
20) Zuma, New Japanese in the Brickell area
21) PubBelly, Asian inspired gastro pub
22) Bourbon Steak, at Turnberry
23) Lucali, NY import for pizza
24) Joe’s Stone Crab, what can I say, it’s an institution.
25) 27 Restaurant, local food and cocktails in a casual setting in a historic house at the Freehand Hotel
26) Matador Room, Jean George upscale restaurant at the Edition Hotel
28) Coya (CLOSED), from London, England, Peruvian/ Asian cuisine
29) Niu Kitchen, rustic cafe and wine bar. Fantastic and interesting food.
30) Cipriani, Italian at the Icon, small portions and big prices. Good people watching.
31) Cantina la Veinte, Mexican at the Icon.
This makes me want to visit Miami again. It has been a long time.
Nice to hear from you Barry. Miami has come a long way from just a few years ago.