I’m back recommending my favourite new and notable Miami
restaurants along with my tried and true choices for ShaneaSavours 2021 Hit List.
First up, New and Notable
: an upmarket, non traditional Japanese
eatery from Austin Texas.
3) Zitz Sum: Chinese
dim sum like you’ve never had before.
6) Ha Salon: if your lucky enough to snag a reservation. The Major food group
(Carbone) has brought chef Eyal Shani to open another location of his upscale Israeli party restaurant. Come for the food and stay for the party.
7) Como Como: Scott Linquist has opened a seafood restaurant
and raw bar, channeling the flavours of Mexico.
Tried and True:
: Modern Asian
cooking, has been packing them in since day one, and rightly so.
: farm to table cuisine with Caribbean
, Asian and Polynesian flavours. I drive an hour for Chef Patel’s grouper dish.
5) Mr. Omakase
: affordable and delicious Omakase.
: Michelin star Italian
import from Washington DC – in Coral Gables.
11) Porto Sole
: quality Italian cooking in Coral Gables.
12) Boia De
: crispy potato skins with caviar and homemade pasta. Need I say more.
14) Joe’s Stone Crab: Iconic restaurant. Duh.. order stone crabs
, hash browns and key lime pie.
Lastly, Want to try:
1) Sushi Fly Chicken: inspired by Tokyo’s underground nightlife scene, from sushi to fried chicken, a modern day speakeasy
2) Mimi’s: upscale twist on American fare
3) Bonci Pizzeria: Roman style pizza
from Pizzarium in Rome
4) Jatto: modern American cuisine and global flavours in the old Alter space.
5) Jaguar Sun: great bar and bites
7) Aba: coming soon to Bal Harbour
shops. A Chicago import.